Friday, April 6, 2018

Ziegler's Amazon Review Gone -- Picture Remains

I recently read the book, Silent No More. My local library had it in a digital form that I could download to my computer, where it would remain on my computer until it expired on the due date. I also wrote an Amazon review. This is the book by victim number one in the case against Jerry Sandusky. While scrolling down the Amazon page for this book, I was happy to see a picture of John Ziegler waiting to assault the consciences of any of the principals of this case who happen to do the same. I even mentioned it in my review. But I couldn't find any way to click from this picture to the review.

So I paged through all the reviews, visiting some of the comment sections to administer a little Hitchslapping (at least my attempt at it) to the inanity. I actually found the review with the picture, and it was by John Ziegler himself. I congratulated him on his cleverness and clicked on his profile. It did not include this review. It said five reviews, but only showed four. I'm almost certain that he didn't click the show sensitive content button that I did for my review of both this book and my review of The Most Hated Man in America.

His very short review reads:
If I tell the full truth of this book, which I learned via an exhaustive independent investigation, it will be censored by Amazon. Therefore, I will simply say that it belongs in the fiction category and is not even remotely good fiction.
If he'd of written a more detailed review, would it have been censored? I don't know, but it's disturbing that people have to worry about whether certain facts and opinions can be posted on what are supposed to be popular, general forums. The thing that really bothers me in this case, is that there are real important issues involved. It's not about inciting hate or prurience. It's about finding out what happened by reporting hard won facts and putting them out for scrutiny. What kind of traits are we looking for in our journalists? Are we scrutinizing our institutions? It's hard to scrutinize when some topics are off limits.


List of Links:

https://www.amazon.com/Silent-No-More-Justice-Sandusky/dp/0345544161/ref=pd_sbs_14_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0345544161&pd_rd_r=SY17QYEDCRVBJ6CJZFBR&pd_rd_w=dgBdR&pd_rd_wg=YrUnT&psc=1&refRID=SY17QYEDCRVBJ6CJZFBR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3QAMLP3DAJRSE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0345544161

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R21GLWRB2Z4EI0/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0345544161

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R162B191ILEZ7T/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=162006765X

https://www.amazon.com/Most-Hated-Man-America-Sandusky/dp/162006765X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516404113&sr=8-1&keywords=mark+pendergrast






No comments:

Post a Comment